New Customers: $15 OFF $150+ Use Code NEW2020



Isaac Cantalapiedra 'Arenisca' Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y Leon, Spain 2017

Regular price $ 23.80

This is an atypical expression of Toro. Manuel and Isaac Cantalapiedra source the grapes from high-elevation (780 meters, very high indeed for Toro) organically-certified vineyards near Villabuena del Puente. The grapes are harvested by hand and 90% are destemmed and fermented with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel; the remaining 10% ferment with the stems in open-top fermenters. After macerating for 25 days, the grapes were pressed into neutral French oak barrels to rest for 11 months. There is no filtering or fining, and the only sulfur addition is small and takes place at bottling. This shows the depth and intensity of classic Tinto de Toro (Tempranillo), without the extraction or intense tannins that we typically think of in the region. Instead, there's delicate spice notes, mineral structure, and refined, pure red fruit notes. A real treat, and a great value